Saturday, June 28, 2008

Let the blogging begin...

And we're back with a new blog. I was going to wait until my first trimester is over to start but we're getting mighty close and I just couldn't wait another second! Yes...we are indeed pregnant and are hoping that our little bean sticks this time so that come February 2nd or so we have a new member of the family.

This has been a very nerve wracking time for us...well for me, Mike seems to be very relaxed about it all (grrr). I do have a peace about this one and I do feel like it is God's time for us to start our family, but there's still a nagging piece of my brain that creeps in every once and a while to taunt me. Naturally, I'm still afraid of a miscarriage like with my first. I'm trying daily to pray my way through my fears knowing that God is ultimately in control and knows what is going on in my body. Phillipians 4:6, an old favorite is quickly becoming a new favorite for me as I try and recite it any time fear/anxiousness slips in. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Thank goodness I'm not the one in control of my life, right?

Anyway, the symptoms of this pregnancy are a lot worse than the last one. I have no cravings for food--just STRONG aversions. I am constantly hungry but when it comes time to eat I have to shove food down my throat because nothing seems appealing...or it may have seemed appealing when I started making it but by the time it hits my mouth I just can't seem to get it down. Some of the foods I really can't stand right now (and this changes every day it seems) are chicken breasts, turkey (cold cuts or otherwise), on occasion items with milk in it, and some kinds of cereal. Foods that are daily on the menu are saltines, saltines, and more saltines. :) Other symptoms include a nausia that seems to come and go all day long, my new found hobby of going to the bathroom (every 20 minutes it seems) and always needing a nap.

Our next Dr.'s appointment is on July 11 and I am daily...no...hourly praying that we can see our baby's beautiful heartbeat on the ultra sound monitor. This is the appointment I have feared since November when we first realized we lost our baby. I am trusting in faith that this baby is the one we will hold in our arms and only through prayer am I able to push aside my fears.

More updates to come! :)

No comments: