Anyway, in other news, baby and I had our 5th (?) appointment with Dr. Kellogg yesterday. Mike couldn't make it as he was reffing a volleyball game so my dad took me. It was a pretty routine exam, just heartbeat, measurements and weight. So far I've only gained 6lbs which they seem to think is a little unusual but I eat pretty healthy and the baby's size is on track so they aren't concerned. Baby is measuring right on track and the heartbeat is healthy and LOUD.
I also expressed some concern because Sunday afternoon I got a nasty pain that started in at the bottom of my shoulder blades and went all the way through my jaw. It was killer and NOTHING helped with it. I got to the point where I was in so much pain that it made me sick. This went on for over 12 hours until I finally was able to fall asleep. After explaining what the pain felt like he looked at me with a small smile and said that it sounded like I was experiencing really bad gas....are you kidding me? :) I also have had some bad pain in my right side that heads on through my back. The nurse told me that the baby is finding it comfortable hang out on my sciatic nerve and it will be causing me pain throughout the pregnancy. She actually said that because of how consistent the pain is and because of how long it lasts when it happens that it sounds like the baby is actually sleeping on the nerve. Thank goodness all of this will bring us a sweet baby in the end!
So that was the extent of it. My next appt. is on October 27 and it is my big glucose test to see if I have developed gestational diabetes. It's actually kind of a nasty test. I basically will be drinking a bottle of flat orange soda with essentially an extra half cup of sugar in it to see if my body can process sugar correctly. Yuuuuuum.
Until next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment