Appointment update:
Drank the oh-so-wonderful glucose syrup drink around 8:15am on Monday morning. It actually wasn't as horrible as it had been described until the after taste hit and then I was not feeling good. At 9:15am had my blood drawn and then went in to see the Dr. Gained quite a bit more weight this month and am up 13 lbs total so far this pregnancy, which, being well over the halfway mark of the pregnancy is really good--it means a lot of my weight is just the weight associated with the baby and I'm not gaining in other places.
The way the glucose test works is that I drink the goo and then an hour later they test my blood sugar to see how my body is processing the sugar. If my blood tests under 139 then my body is doing it's job and I don't have to go back in, if it tests over 139 then I have to go back in for the 4 hour glucose test which would mean another day off of work (not good). According to the Dr. most women fail the initial screening and have to come back in for the actual test (which begs the question- why not just do the big test for everyone?). I figured they'd call with the results, regardless of what they were, because that's the way the office has always worked. Well, here I am a week later and still haven't heard and I'm going to assume that no news is good news and that I probably passed! :) Yay! I'm amazed because I was SURE they'd call me back in just because of the way the sugar made me feel. I'm very happy though.
I think that's about it for the update this week. We are counting down the days until our little one should be arriving and we are so excited!


No comments:
Post a Comment