Monday, January 3, 2011

Catch up!

Here's what's been going on in our world the last week or so!

We were snowed in on the 26th so on the 27th we went out for a little late birthday dinner! Logan has gotten to the point where she does not want to sit in high chairs in restaurants (and who could blame her when she sits at our table at home) and requests that she get a "boos" (booster) when we go. Typically, we requests booths so that a booster is easier but they wanted us a a table and the booster wasn't working so she just sat in a chair...and played.

She had a great time, though! We are so blessed that she behaves so well when we go out to eat (which is rare)...wish I could say she behaves well when we do normal things like go to the grocery store but we usually incur at least one fit about something when we do things like that. We're working on that first time obedience but I remind myself constantly that she's not even 2 yet and we have a looooong way to go. Don't give me that look...you had to know she wasn't a perfect angel all of the time--though, this next picture would make you think so. ;)
And this was no big event, in fact, the camera was on a bad setting so it's not even a good picture but I wanted to show off how long L's hair is getting! I have to bribe her with marshmallows to get her to sit still long enough to put them in; and even then, she usually doesn't want them there after they are in and pulls them out (and then requests a "bow peez"), but she looks darn cute in them. Yes, she's chewing on a pacifier. She's under the impression that now that she's got a baby coming into the house (who is getting several pacifiers as gifts) she needs in on the action.
New Years day we spent inside since it was rainy and gross. Logan refused her oatmeal that morning and knew she wouldn't get to eat again until lunch because of it. I found doing this about an twenty minutes after breakfast was put away:
Yes, she did pull that out of the sink (which was otherwise empty and had just been cleaned, thank goodness) and was chowing down on the breakfast she had decided she didn't want.
"mmm mama, good" was all she kept saying. Usually I keep her food in the refrigerator if she doesn't finish and make her eat it if she gets hungry but the oatmeal doesn't keep too well so we usually toss it and she just waits until the next meal. I promise, it's not cruel, she only has about 2 1/2-3 hours between breakfast and lunch. And she usually refuses her food to be a pain.
I played around with the camera some more, which I'm still trying to figure out. It's slowly coming together and I can get some nice indoor pictures every once and a while (though, I'm not sure what I'm doing differently, yet).
Logan h-a-t-e-s Dora and Diego when they're on tv. She flat out refuses to watch them and asks for other things. But for some reason, they are all she wants to check out from the library (the "rybree")! She doesn't really want anyone else to read them to her, either; she likes to sit and point to the pictures and tell you what she thinks is going on.
Logan did something to the childproof lock in her bathroom and Mike has promised to fix it, but in the meantime she likes to decorate the hallway with her towels.
We finished the day off watching a TON of "foofall" (football) with daddy since he didn't get much chance to watch a lot this fall with his school schedule. Hence the Alabama cheerleader's outfit. She quite enjoys sitting there for hours on end with him signaling when the teams get touchdowns and doing the chop for everything (even if she's not watching Florida State...a little seminole at heart).
Here's Logan today loving on her little brother:





Can you believe that first picture was a year ago? She's wearing almost the same overalls in both pictures. She got both pairs on the same day and they are both the same size and made by the same company and they've lasted her ALL YEAR long! Crazy! She's been just about the same weight most of the year and only grew a few inches.

Logan drinks her milk out of her "tof" (coffee) cup every morning. She likes to be like daddy.




No comments: