While getting into the car she realized that her DVD player had been turned off and said, "OH NAP! (oh snap)" Thank you Veggie Tales.
Speaking of Veggie Tales, Logan grabbed my face a while back and sweetly said, "Mommy, God made you special and he loves you very much." It melted my heart and then she screamed "BYE!" And I realized it was the ending of every Veggie Tale DVD that we watch. She still picked up on the most important message, though, didn't she?
Logan got a small dress up Belle doll and was looking at the box that had a list (in pictures) of all of the other princess dolls. She listed, "There's Cinderella, and Rumpunzel, and there's no Aurora! Are you kidding me?!"
Logan's favorite phrase to mimic is "I can't believe it." But she says, "I can't ebeve it"
When she thinks something is gross it's "is-dusting"
While in the self checkout line in walmart in response to the automated voice exclaiming, "Thank you for shopping at Walmart!" Logan says, "Your welcome for shopping at Walmart! See you next time!"
Logan asks me every day to make her a Belle costume. (think I'm going to give it a go this week) She also asks that I make "daddy a beast costume so he can be my beast and we can dance and dance and dance."
Some M&M's had spilled in my purse and Logan got into them. I saw her chewing and asked her what was in her mouth. She stopped and thought before replying, "well, you made a big mess in your purse so I had to put them in my mouth like this to clean it up for you. does that make you happy now?"
When we ask Brody questions, as if he can answer she says, "Um, excuse me but he can't talk yet." However, the other day she wanted to watch TV and said, "Brody wants to watch TV mom." When I asked how she knew she said, "Well, he can talk now but only I understand him."
We got a Pooh Christmas book the other day at the share shop and it has a lot of honey references in it and so now Logan begins every story with "Once upon a honey..."
We picked up a tall, heavy duty baby gate for the door frame of Logan's room. Why, you ask? To prevent her from coming out of her room 50,000,000 times after she's gone to bed. I'm not even exaggerating. Ok, maybe just a little. Anyway, I was putting it up while Mike was at work and it didn't have instructions, because we got it from craigslist, so I was having a little bit of trouble getting it to stay put. After about 10 minutes, Logan put her hand on my shoulder and said, "Honey, I think we better wait until Mike gets home to do this."
Today we went shopping for a Christmas wreath and I had Logan help me pick one out for the door. When we got into the car she asked if we were going to put the wreath inside or outside. I explained it was going to hang on the outside of the door and she seemed disturbed. "But mommy," she said, "then anyone can just come and take it."
While at Target, I also picked up a Chuggington DVD (because I honestly can't handle Thomas and Chuggington really is so much more interesting) to put in Brody's stocking (it was like $3 on one of their week of Thanksgiving sales--he won't care right now, but one day he'll love it). I tried to do it without Logan spotting me but she did and asked if it was for her. I told her no, that it was for her brother, to which she responded, "I know it's for Brody, but someone is going to have to teach him how to watch it. That can be me."
"Logan, why don't we eat boogers?" "Because I already brushed my teeth."
I asked Logan to stay near me while we were sitting outside of Starbucks--I told her I needed to be able to see her. She asked why so I explained that we didn't know everyone walking around and I wanted to make sure no one took her from me. She replied, "You don't have to be sad if I'm gone, you've got another kid."
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:
Post a Comment