Thursday, March 22, 2012

Carolyn's Shower


One of the highlights of our week in Florida was throwing Carolyn a bridal shower!  I was so excited to get to plan one, but three weeks to plan and execute made it quite a crunch to get it all done.  We literally worked until the last second.

Here was the drink table:
 The mason jars had vinyl chalk boards on them so that the guests could write their names on them and take them home for pantry odds and ends.  They were a big hit.  The big pink bucket had diet cokes in it, they are Carolyn's favorite drink and I found ways to incorporate several of her "favorites" as clues to a game we played.
 Logan's favorite was the candy buffet!  The theme of the shower was princess and pinks so all of the candy BUT the reeses were pink.  Can you guess what her favorite candy is with that clue?

 We decorated the table with burlap, satin ribbon, pearls and wild flowers.  I wasn't sure how the combo was going to look but it worked really well together!  It was the perfect casual elegance I was looking for.

 We played two games.  One where the guests guessed all of Carolyn's favorite things and the other where they had to guess who said which phrase.  
 I set up a photo booth in the lobby and we'll be putting all of the pictures from it in a photobook for Carolyn as her guestbook for the day.  Everyone took a picture with her, it was a great ice breaker as people walked in!


 Logan, of course, stole the show.  Here she is practicing push-ups on stage in perfect form.
 We used jenga blocks and had the guests write wedding/marriage advice, Bible verses, or quotes on the pieces and then we put them back in the box and Rand and Carolyn have a game they can play with memories from the shower.  Another great "guest book" for them to have.
 Since they've had kind of a whirlwind romance, we had a little Q&A for everyone so they could "get to know" Rand a little better through Carolyn.
 Here is evidence of Logan's love affair with the candy buffet, she left pink chocolate handprints all over the place!
 Lot's and lot's of fun gifts to open up!
 Of course Logan had to jump in and "help."  
 L thought the potholders were Mickey Ears and walked around like this for quite a while after they got opened.

 We got these cute favor bags made to put the candy in.  It was a fun little reminder of the upcoming wedding date.  Which is coming up very quickly!
 I made this fun ruffle wreath to hang above the candy table.  I had intended to pack it up and ship it home so I could use it as an Easter wreath but it ended up costing less to just pick up the materials at home and do it myself.  If I make it out to JoAnne's before then!


It was so fun to celebrate Carolyn and Rand!  I can't believe that their wedding is 3 months away.  It seems like just last summer Carolyn was wondering if she'd ever get married.  Oh wait, that was last summer.  :)  They'll make a fabulous pair and I'm excited to see what God has in store for their new life together.

No comments: