Monday, April 9, 2012

Conversations with my THREE year old!


I've been meaning to get some of these up here, I share most of them on facebook but I want to make sure to get them in the blog so I have record of them!  I'm trying to get my blog printed into books (by year) and these posts are just priceless.



Yesterday, my handheld mixer bit the dust.  Actually, it was just the actual beaters that broke.  When it happened, Logan came in and asked if she could take the broken one with her to make it feel better (she's very into playing Dr. right now).  When I asked what she was going to do, she replied, "Well, I'll listen to it's heartbeep (yes, heartbeep), then I'll take it's blood pump (blood pressure), then I'll give it a teeny shot and it should feel much better."

Logan's bath was less than warm one night and when I told her it was not cold, it was lukewarm, her response was, "First, I don't see Luke anywhere. Second, this is not warm."  
Logan loves to shop.  She pretends all the time that she's going to the store.  One day she asked Mike to go "shopping" with her in her room, which she said was Target. When I asked if she could just shop in the living room and pretend it was target, she looked at me, incredulously, and said, "I cannot shop here. This is Walmart." Well duh, of course I knew that.

Speaking of Walmart....I think it's pretty known that it's not my favorite place in the world.  I don't like the crowded aisle's, it never feels quite clean enough and if I don't want to go through self checkout, I have to wait way too long in the ONE line that's open.  Logan knows this, too, and on the rare occasion that I do go to Walmart to shop, she likes to proclaim "This is just NOT our favorite place.  You don't like walmart, do you mommy?"  Usually this happens just as some employee is walking by.  I want to crawl under a rock every single time. 


When Logan pretends to grocery shop, she likes to carry her "coupons" and look for the sale items.  One morning she was "scanning" her items and exclaimed, "WOW! 40?!  That's way too expensive.  Guess I'll have to put that back and wait for it to go on sale.  (audible sigh)"  

We're not sure where she came up with this, but every once and a while, when you try and get into her room she'll say, "You'll need some money to get in here, please."  



I took Logan to see The Lorax on opening weekend.  We had a fun little girls night.   However, Logan isn't able to say "Lorax" so she kept telling people we were going to see "Your A**."  Yeah.  Try and explain that one to people.


Tonight I walked into Logan's room and she asked, "Hey mommy, will you please leave the hall light on tonight?  I think it will encourage me to stay in my room all night."  To which I responded, "Did you just say encourage?"  And she replied, "Yes, I did!  Will you?"


And for kicks, a few Loganisms: 
Muddles (mud puddles) 
water fodels (waterfalls)
 tause (pause)
  re-room (living room) --this one's been around since she was 16 months old.
 mathis (math)
Number L (number 7)
 She called Miami your-ami for a long, long time until she realized she loves it there, and now calls it OUR-ami (not mine, not yours, but ours). 
Dr. Chuggington (Dr. Covington, her pediatrician)
Re-di-ur-ee-us (ridiculous)






No comments: