Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt

I wasn't sure that we'd make it to an Easter Egg Hunt this year.  Our MOPS group usually does one, but opted to do Resurrection Eggs this year (which we're also doing at home).  I appreciate it and found it really appropriate, but I know that Logan was itching to get her hands on some eggs.  So, when our neighbor's invited us to tag along to their church hunt, I was happy to accept.



I got their Easter shirts last year.  I had hoped that we'd get two years out of them and was happy when I pulled them out and they still fit!


It was so much warmer last year...



The kids played outside for quite a while as we got ready to head out.  They were excited to be out there--it's been a cold week and momma hasn't wanted to go out!




This is our neighbor's little girl, Claira-lynn.  She's about 6 months younger than Brody and comes to play with us once a week while her parents work.  They l-o-v-e each other.  I had to include the whole series of pictures, it was just too sweet to only post one or two.







Then we got a group shot of the kids!


We arrived right after they had started the 2-3 year old hunt so we had to wait for the next age level to go.  It worked out well because all three kiddos were able to search for eggs together, this way.


Egg hunts stress me out a little bit.  Lots of people all vying for the same things you are.  It's a good opportunity for people to let their fleshly nature come out.  So, before we went in, I reminded the kids that this God was giving us a really good chance to love our neighbors.  Even though we wanted to get as many eggs as we could, it was also important to make sure everyone was able to get eggs and enjoy themselves, too.  On a couple different occasions, I saw Logan either pass an egg by because she saw someone else go for it or she offered one of her eggs to someone who wasn't collecting many.  It's good to see lessons in practice!  And don't worry...she still ended up with a bazillion eggs, anyway.


We didn't last long after the hunt was over.  It was cold and it started to sleet so we passed by the bounce houses and rock climbing walls, ate some lunch and got back in the car.  I think it's the first time that Logan has actually understood my warning about being cold without a jacket.  


This was Brody's response to my asking him to take a picture with his eggs:


"But....why?"


Now that the hunt is out of the way, we're back to focusing on the real reason we celebrate Easter!



No comments: