Friday, December 20, 2013

Since We've Been Home

This month went by SO fast, I couldn't believe it when I sat down to write Link's 1 month blog and realized that I hadn't updated at all since he was born.  So, here's a quick rundown in pictures.

Lincoln came home a couple days after birth.  He looked absolutely itty bitty in his carseat (though, he's filled it out nicely, since).  We were so excited to bring him home and start our journey as a family of FIVE!


The kids have taken numerous turns holding the baby.  Logan will sit with him for very long stretches of time, Brody takes him, enjoys him for a minute and then is ready to hand him back.  I think he's ready for his baby brother to grow up so they can play catch, tackle and "rough home."



Mimi flew in the night Lincoln was born and stayed for almost a week.  It was so nice to have an extra set of hands as we adjusted to being outnumbered--especially since our older two were sick when we got back!  It was equally nice that she's a pediatric nurse and could help mend their sniffles.


They were even more excited when they realized saying goodbye only meant for about a month since the whole Churchill clan will be joining us around Christmas for our first full family Christmas in....6 years?


Thanksgiving was next.  When I was pregnant, I was absolutely certain I'd pass my due date since I went a little over 41 weeks with Brody.  I was sure I'd be pregnant on Thanksgiving with the hopes of cooking my way into labor.  Thankfully, he was here and we were able to enjoy Thanksgiving with lots of newborn snuggles, Turkey and fellowship with family and friends.


We had our good friends, the Wilson's over for Thanksgiving as one last hoorah before they moved to Florida.  We are so sad to see them gone but know the Lord is going to do great things with them in the sunshine state.  Uncle John, Aunt Lindsey and Caleb came for Thanksgiving, too!!  Here are all of the cousins together:


After Thanksgiving the kids and I got quickly to work on our Operation Christmas Child boxes.  It's not easy taking two kids under 5 into Target, telling them to pick whatever they may like and then telling them that they can't keep it.  But they took it in stride and filled our cart with Doc McStuffins, Thomas the Train, Sofia the First, Airplanes and Ninja Turtles.  Then they enjoyed packing up boxes for kiddos who may not otherwise get Christmas gift's this year.  It was the first of our Light Em Up projects that we did this year, I'll blog about those when we're totally finished with them.


What was little Ju-Ju doing all of this time?  Sleeping.


And more sleeping.



Lincoln slept most of his first month away.  He made the transition from 2-3 a breeze.





No comments: