Wednesday, December 31, 2014

About Lincoln

This blog has sorely been neglected since the birth of our third child.  I've had to prioritize a lot of different areas of our lives because it got really busy really fast after he entered our world.  But I don't want there to be a lack of pictures or stories as they all grow up and so I want to make sure to capture him in as many stages as I can, like I did with his siblings.  So, here's a post all about Lincoln.

Lincoln is another really snuggly baby.  He's busy, and crazy, but he loves nothing more than good hug and frequently will crawl into your lap with a blanket to snuggle you.  It's so sweet, and we are so thankful for moments like that among the chaos.



He LOVES to be around his siblings.  There have only been a few times when Mike has taken the older two out and left me alone with Linc in his short life, but when they're gone he walks around aimlessly looking for playmates.  I'm so glad they have such a special bond with each other and hope it cultivates and grows through the years.



He has an extra special bond with his big sister.  He loves to climb into her lap to read, or hug her, and frequently asks where she is in his own little language.  




Lincoln is by far my best napper.  When he stopped taking two 2 hour naps I was sure we were doomed to have him only napping an hour every afternoon like both of his siblings did.  But, we cut out the morning nap sometime after his first birthday and he naps a solid 3 hours every afternoon.  It's awesome!


He also has an incredible temper.  He hates to be told no!  What kid doesn't?  But this is the reaction he likes to give us.  This was after being told, "No, you can't stick your hand up the vacuum."


He is adventurous as they come.  This kid will climb ANYTHING!  I swear he will be our first ER trip for an injury.  He is fearless and does not like obstacles so he works to conquer them all.


He loves pirates, and super heros and all things boy.  It's fun to watch he and his brother dress up together and play.



His middle name may as well be trouble, because he often finds himself in it.  :)  He's quiet and stealthy and things like this will happen in a matter of seconds if I'm not paying attention.  Mind you, if I could just pick those cards up and restack them, this wouldn't have been a huge deal.  But that's 385 sight words on the ground there that are ordered in a very purposeful way!


I'm so glad God gave me another little boy to love.  They challenge me and take me places I never thought I'd go (to the back of toilets, can I get an amen?), but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.





No comments: