
Here are some pictures from my second baby shower, the one the k-1 teachers threw me at work. The first picture is actually from about 3 1/2 months ago when we threw a baby shower for Melanie, one of the kinder teachers, who had her baby back in November. I remember feeling huge at that point but now look back at the picture and think...I remember when I was that small, that was when being pregnant was fun and cute. Scroll down to the present....
Melanie, looking incredible only 7 weeks after giving birth and me, now thinking...I am so over being pregnant, it's no longer cute and fun....it's large and tiring. :) I only hope I look that great a few weeks after birth!
Dance is a big topic with one of the teacher's in my grade level because she's been teaching dance for 30 some odd years and I danced most of my life. We talk all the time about my little ballerina (Mike's volleyball player) and so she got our little one her first pair of ballet slippers. Aren't they cute?! She already recognizes classical music, as soon as it comes on in the mornings (while my kids journal), she dances and dances away...she'll be dancing when she comes out!
Me with the cake. It looks like my stomach could eat the entire thing, doesn't it? I told Mike the other night that I definitely feel pregnant, not fat, but I feel VERY pregnant (aka huge) and literally ready to pop.
Close up of the cake. For Melanie's shower I had her baby's name put on the cake and the teacher's were lamenting about not knowing my baby's name to put on the cake...sorry girls, just a few more weeks!
This is the kinder and first grade team. They've been so wonderful to work with, while this job has been a challenge, they truly have made it a little more bearable. Our male vice-principal (we have two, a female and a male) was behind the camera and made a very quick exit as soon as he was done taking the picture...probably lack of adult conversation as when you get a bunch of primary (K-1) teachers together all we can talk about is vowel sounds and counting to 100. :)Ok, this is not the name # 3:
Bertha
While this was a very strong and prominent name several decades ago, I can only imagine the "Big Bertha" jokes my little one would receive in school if we decided to go with this name. I've seen first hand how cruel children can be and just can't bear to name her anything that I could make fun of myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment