Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby's Birthday: January 28, 2009

Well, our baby has a scheduled birthday.  :)  We went in for our 39 week appointment today and as I left home I had come to the decision that I was going to say no to being induced.  It just wasn't something I wanted to do unless medically necessary and so as I got in the car I prayed the whole way to the Dr. that if God wanted me to go ahead and have this baby by induction that he'd have to give me no choice in the matter.  I guess God had that in his plan because my blood pressure was high and the Dr. quickly said that he wasn't going to wait any longer and that the baby would be coming on Wednesday because he didn't want to risk preeclampsia.  So, the baby's scheduled birthday is on Wednesday, January 28, 2009.  

We'll go in at 7am and they'll break my water to see if that starts my labor.   I'm already dilated to almost a 4 and he says that's the part of labor that usually takes the longest (from 0 to 4) and so he hopes for a labor that shouldn't last an intensely long time...we'll see.  They'll give that a couple of hours and if it doesn't work they'll start me on pitocin.  Please pray that the water works and that it progress me enough to satisfy them so that I don't need the meds.  Also, please pray that I'm able to deal with the labor sans epi.  I've decided that since pitocin may be involved I need to keep an open mind and be open to the possibility that the pain may be more intense than normal and I may want the meds but I'd really like to do it without.

We'll be meeting our little girl no later than Wednesday and are so excited!  :)  

No comments: