Monday, February 2, 2009

Logan Elizabeth Kayle

She is here!  Mike and I are having an incredible time getting used to having a new little life here with us and we are loving every second of it.  She is the sweetest baby and I can't imagine loving anything quite the way I love her.  It truly is a love that cannot be explained, it just happens when you see your sweet baby come into the world.  It's a love that continues to grow with each passing second I have her.  Mike and I are truly blessed and are so excited to start this new time in our lives.

Logan's birthday was a scheduled one.  After my 39 week appointment, my Dr. decided that he didn't like my elevated blood pressure and scheduled an induction.  We knew that we would be meeting our little girl on January 28, 2009.

I got up early that morning and ate a big breakfast, finished up our baby laundry and prayed without ceasing.  I was scared.  Induction was not in my grand plan.  I wanted a natural labor and this went against the grain.  But I knew that that God was in control.  We headed to the hospital and began induction prep at 7:15.  This took a long time.  We finally were finished with the prep at 8:45.  Thankfully, my body had been working hard for weeks and when I went into the hospital for my induction, I was already 4cm dilated.  No noticeable contractions, though, so the Dr. broke my water at 9 and then started me on pit.

I did well breathing through the contractions at first, but after about an hour and a half I began to get really hungry.  They wouldn't give me anything for the hunger, so I went ahead and caved for the epidural.  That was against my plan, too.  But while everything seemed to be going against what I wanted, God was in control.  The epidural allowed my body to relax and after an hour I had gone from 6cm to 10cm and was beginning to feel the urge to push.  The nurse was asked me to hold off and wait for the Dr. to be ready but when she saw how intense the urge was, she had me begin without him.  We did this for a little while and then the Dr. came, suited up and had me push out our little girl.  My labor lasted a total of 5 hours and 14 minutes.  


We named her Logan Elizabeth.  Logan because my dad's middle name is Logan and because we really liked the sound of the name.  It was also the only name out of hundreds that we both agreed on.  Elizabeth because it was my mom's middle name and also my own middle name.  



She is a precious gift and we are so thankful to have her in our lives, finally.








No comments: