When we lived in Tallahassee, Mike and I had the daunting task of finding a couple to take us through pre-marital counseling. We knew so many wonderful men and women who would have done the job more than justice. We talked and prayed over the decision and in the end went with the couple we felt most connected to together. Lori and Jodie did SUCH a great job, we definitely felt God's blessing over our choice. We had such an open line of communication with them and felt like we came out of our 8 weeks of meeting with a much stronger understanding of the marriage relationship. Our time with them has definitely shown up in our marriage (especially lately, with the addition of our little one) and we feel healthier as a couple for it. I also babysat for them throughout the four years I lived there. I had a really fun connection with their three kids and was so sad to leave them.
We were so excited when we realized that we'd be passing through Tallahassee and would get the chance to meet up with them! The two can cook up quite a storm, so when they invited us over for dinner, we knew we were in for a treat. We got there and it was like we picked up right where we left off (only their kids were a bit older and we had one of our own). Their girls, Katherine and Gracie helped us out by entertaining Lo while we were there.
I remember when Gracie (right) was Logan's age!
They were such great helpers, it gave us all a chance to catch up while Logan was having fun with the big girls.
The girls were so gentle and it was so neat to see them loving on our baby.
Aren't they cute?!


No comments:
Post a Comment