Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Days

I've always loved summer. Something about lazy lounging by the pool, reading tons of books, sunny days, the smell of sunscreen, and no school (which I think I enjoy more now, as a teacher, than I ever did), makes my eyes light up and my skin tingle with excitement. Now, I get to enjoy them with my baby.

There's something wonderful about the simple things that excite children. I remember thinking before I had a baby that I'd never enjoy those things that I loved as a child again. I think I enjoy them even more, now, as I watch my little one excited about them. I get so much joy out of thinking of different things that we can do as a family, or just the two of us, to allow Logan to explore the world.

For example, next week we're headed off to Disney for Mike's birthday. Now, I know she won't remember this visit (though, I plan on taking many pictures so that one day she can see what we did), but I've still had so much fun looking into the different things that they have there for her. I don't care about riding the big rides or seeing some of the shows I used to look forward to. Instead, I'm excited about going to see the Playhouse Disney show and taking Logan to meet the Little Einsteins. It never ceases to amaze me how much my mentality has changed since becoming a parent.

Another new found love of mine is the kiddie pool. I remember being young and visiting my grandmother and looking forward to using the splash toys and kiddie pool in her backyard. Getting to share that experience with Logan is even more fun. Tuesday, we filled up the pool and headed out back for some water fun.
It started out with just Logan and I.
We were having so much fun...
That daddy decided to join us! (or I made him get in...ha!)
We've also been spending a lot of time away from the hot sun inside. Another thing I love about summer is flip flops! I'd wear them all year long if I could, and in Miami, I have been able to. I have a feeling, though, that I'll have to retire them come winter this year. I've really been enjoying that Logan is fitting into baby shoes, now. I love to accessorize her little outfits with baby flip flops, I think they are so cute!
C'mon mom, more pictures?
Ok, I'll smile for this one.
But, now I think I'm more interested in my shoes. Happy Summer!

No comments: