Today, I got hit smack dab in the face with the reality that I need to put away my "mommy of a baby" mentality and pull out the "mommy of a toddler" one.
Look at this monkey:

After stubbing my toe for the umpteenth time (but the last one) on a pot that logan had pulled out of our kitchen cabinets, I decided it was time to rearrange a few things. I know, you all are thinking that I could put child proof locks on those cabinets...and you're right- I COULD, but you have to understand the freedom that the cabinets give me while I'm cooking/cleaning in the kitchen. Logan really could spend hours pulling things out and putting things back in them. So, I unloaded the pots and pans and threw in all of her sippies and any plastic tupperware that I could find and it was a wild success! After her nap I took her into the kitchen to show her my little surprise. She loved it so much that I didn't even have a second to capture the cabinets cleaned and organized before she disheveled things!


She can now also fit in the cabinets! This alone provided a solid 30 minutes of entertainment.


Peek-a-boo!


Now if only I could find room in the kitchen for all of my pots and pans...

No comments:
Post a Comment