Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All About The Girl


A few weeks ago, we remembered that the mall closest to us has a nice little splash pad that's free. We've spent a LOT of time there the last couple of weeks. Logan wakes up asking if that's where we're headed for the day.

Lucky for her, there's also a chick-fil-a in the mall and the food court is a mere 5 steps from the splash pad. We've eaten there a few times in the last couple of weeks, too.

Logan's hair is finally long and even enough to put into braids! It's so nice when she lets me do it because it gets it ALL out of her face and she hasn't figured out an easy way to pull them out yet.

She calls it her big girl hair and has actually asked for it several times.
A few things about Logan that I want to document and remember (along with some funnies)...

Logan knows what stores offer what freebies for kids. Target gives cookies, Harris Teeter gives balloons, the fabric store cuts scraps of fabric off for her, etc. She decides in the morning what freebie she'd like to receive for the day and begins campaigning to go to that store from the minute she wakes up.

When Logan get's into the car, she loudly exclaims, "WOAH! It's a little toasty (pronounced totey) in here today."

Logan's new favorite phrase is, "can you do me a favor?"

Logan requests to wear outfits like the one above frequently. She reminds me a lot of one of her favorite book characters, Fancy Nancy. Always wants the fancy stuff on so she can twirl and "peetend." She's quite fond of pretending now. We find her "talking" on her phone a lot, pretending she's taking her babies to target on her little push toy, or turning any flat object into a checkout counter.

Speaking of talking on the phone....a few days ago we were all hanging out, Mike was on the phone so Logan decided she needed to talk on her phone too. As she was pretending, I noticed Brody needed something so I asked if she'd run and grab it for me. She put her hand over the "speaker" of her phone and said, "please hang on, mom, I'm on the phone." Has she turned 16 yet?

When we're eating something that Logan really likes (like french fries), Logan will exclaim, "don't eat it all, guys! I want to share it with you!" Meaning, she wants to steal your fries when she's done with her own. IF she's even done with her own, as last week she weaseled her way into getting half of my fries before I realized that she wasn't even done with HER OWN yet!

Logan calls Miami "yourami," she thinks when I say it I mean my-ami.

She loves her daddy SO much and has such a special bond with him. If he has to close the store at night she'll get a really sad lip and ask if she's ever going to see her daddy again...don't worry, she's got this down to an art and I don't think it affects her the way she acts it does. She's a bit dramatic. Anyway, to pass the time she'll make things for him to come home to. Last night she made him a big bowl of soup from her kitchen and was not pleased with me when I made him cookies to come home to, as well. She said, quite emphatically, "Mommy, I made him soup so he won't be hungry, he doesn't need your cookies too. Can I have one?"
While I was cutting up a tomato and cucumber for lunch one day, Logan's eyes got wide and she said, "MOM! Don't eat Bob and Larry!" For those of you that don't know, Bob and Larry are the tomato and cucumber characters in veggie tales. She's since gotten over this and only says it to be funny, now.

Here she is in her "ballerina fairy" outfit. She walks around with the wand and screams, "rainbows! rainbows! I'm making rainbows!"

No comments: