Friday, August 5, 2011

Updates

I guess it's been a while, hasn't it? I thought I'd just throw a bunch of pictures from the last week up and give everyone a little update.

First off, we moved our little guy into his convertible carseat a couple of weeks ago! He still fit in the carrier pretty well, but I didn't want to pull it in and out of the car anymore, so we went ahead and made the switch. He's been a LOT more comfortable and while he still seems to have a severe distaste for the car, he's getting better.
To celebrate the end of swim lessons, we took the kiddos to the splash park. Logan had so much fun splashing around and having the "waterfall buckets" dump all over her.
Brody enjoyed himself, too.

Logan is showing more and more signs of wanting to be a big girl and not a baby anymore. One of which is her desire to have her hair dried like this, now:
Logan is moving up in her Sunday School class this coming weekend! Mommy is a little sad because every time she moves up it's a quiet reminder that she's not going to be little forever. This last weekend she came home from Sunday School with leprosy:
Tuesday we headed over to Ft. Bragg to get all of Mike's paperwork finished up. We got our ID's and picked up his uniforms so that when he starts drilling he's all ready. We left Logan at home with some friends and took Brody with us. He and his daddy were the best lunch dates I could have asked for that afternoon!
Logan had a fabulous time at home with her new friends and was thrilled when we showed her what we brought back for her! She's all ready to do PT with her daddy, now.
Brody is growing so quickly! He's hit several milestones this last few weeks. He's grabbing his feet, sucking on his piggies, and has started actually playing with toys instead of just looking at them.

Logan and I have had fun making a bunch of fun, sweet, healthy concoctions lately. We started getting a weekly delivery of organic fruits and veggies from local farmers and have been finding fun, creative ways to use them up. Yesterday we made chocolate/peanut butter covered banana slices. Oh. my. heavens. These are fabulous! AND, you can eat a whole banana's worth of them and still not reach half of the calories you'd hit eating a bowl of ice cream. (yes, I'm admitting guilt to eating an entire banana's worth of them AND to eating way too much ice cream, lately. I'm toning it down considerably.)
I've also started using up some of the veggies by making and freezing baby food for Brody. Two weeks ago I was starting to feel incredibly fatigued and almost sick all the time. I knew it couldn't be because I was lacking sleep because both kids have been sleeping really well, lately (last night...a different story...but that's not here nor there). After getting some advice from the kids' pediatrician, I went ahead and started giving B a teaspoon of oatmeal cereal a day to curb his insane appetite and it worked. No more fatigue! My body was just working crazy overtime to give the growing boy all he needed! A couple of nights ago I snuck in a little snip of sweet potato puree into his oatmeal and the kid gobbled it up. I think we'll have another good eater!
Speaking of the little man, he's been putting himself to sleep really well, but only if he's got one of his blankets to snuggle. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable leaving him all night with a big blanket snuggled tightly on his face so we purchased the "lovey" sized ones for him. He can have the comfort of the muslin material that his swaddle blankets were made out of in less than half the size. Happy baby, happy mommy.
He's already quite attached.
And lastly, this morning we had some nice temps in the 80's so we took Logan over to the seminary and let her run wild while Mike took care of some school/Army business.




No comments: