Sunday, January 8, 2012

Catch Up!

When I looked at the last blog post I made and realized that it was my Christmas post, I cringed! I wish I could say we've just been so busy having fun that I haven't had time to post. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I got sick before Christmas, Brody came down with it Christmas day and ended up with pink eye and an ear infection, Logan showed symptoms a few days after and Mike held out until a couple of days ago but it finally got to him too.

Let me tell you mommas, having one child that is sick is hard...more than one sick kid is no joke. Especially if you're sick, too. I was keeping a running tally and from Christmas Eve until a couple of days ago (11 days) I got a total of about 8 hours of sleep. It. was. miserable. Since then I've been averaging a glorious 5 hours a night running back and forth between a coughing Logan and a teething Brody. I'm ready for some health in this family!

We've had one notable change since my last post, can you guess what it is??

Logan got a big girl bed! Long story short, we found some unwanted stuff on the bottom of her toddler mattress due to her allowing her nightly water cup to slowly leak. Instead of shelling out money for another mattress when we knew we'd be transitioning her in the next year to a twin, we bit the bullet and got her the bigger bed. We had to flip the room around to get it all to fit!
It's nice that it happened so close to her birthday because she got the bedding as a birthday gift! The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of our very favorite books so this bedding was, naturally, a perfect fit for us! AND it has a coordinating comforter for a boy so we've got that shelved away for when B gets big enough.
She loves it, can you tell? It's also given us a nice amount of space to play in the room, which is nice, because we spend a good portion of our time in there right now.
Can someone please tell her she's not allowed to turn three? I keep trying to but she doesn't believe me.

I'll do a big Brody update in a few days when he turns 10 months old, but right now he's loving that he can eat big people food! Yesterday we introduced him to graham crackers:
And, since I know there's really no stopping her from turning 3...
This is our countdown to Mimi and to Logan's birthday! Every day Logan wakes up and asks, "How many sleeps until Mimi?" So, we made a countdown tearpad. It's exciting.

And I'll leave you with this video...you know, in case anyone has any doubts as to whether we're ready for Beauty and the Beast 3D to come out in a few days:



No comments: