The people:
We chose to have the party at the Tumble Gym because we don't have enough room in our apt., because we never know what the weather is going to be like on her birthday (her 1st birthday brought a snowstorm and her third brought high 60's), and because we just needed a fun place that we could go and leave the mess. It was fantastic!
The kids got an hour of free/structured play time in the gym.
Even Brody had a great time. He was all. over. the. place.
(yes, his shirt does say "princess protection agency" little brother definitely got in on the princess theme in a manly way)
We had so many good friends come to the party. We've been so blessed to have so many people who love our children so much!
Mike definitely was not having as much fun as I was with the planning process, but had so much fun at the actual party. Jumping on the big trampoline and running around with the kids. Such a great dad.
Brody was so excited about his sister's birthday!
All the kids: (love that B looks like he's following suit and lifting his hands, too)
Sweet, sweet birthday girl.
Silly faces!
Blowing out her candle:
And this is NOT a good picture, but it was the only one of the four of us that we got at the party, so here it is.
Logan really, really enjoyed her cupcakes.
It was so much fun to see Logan have so much fun with all of her friends, it made every minute of planning details so worth it.
The details:
Logan told me months ago that she wanted a Disney Princess birthday party. It was my task to come up with a party that wasn't a complete advertisement for Disney. I wanted something young, cute and not too commercial. So, when I found the graphics on this invitation, I knew I had to run with it!
We found the invitations here.

It was nice not to have to decorate an entire house for the party, but I also wanted to make sure that the theme was clear and that we got to have some fun with decorations. Here's our little spread:
My wonderful neighbor has a Cricut and so I went over there last night and cut out these fun fairy tale letters that went so perfectly with our theme. She also had the Cricut sketch out the two framed pictures that say "once upon a time" and "happily ever after" that sat on the table.
I love cupcakes! I love that they're small. I love that they're individual. I love that you don't need utensils to eat them. I love that you don't have to cut them up. They're basically perfect.
And I couldn't help but add a couple fun touches to the water bottles and the apple juice bottles!
All of the kiddos got to take home a princess (or toy story) cup and a wand (or a glow in the dark sword).
We got a small round cake to put Logan's candle on and added a little tiara to the top for a little bit of sparkle:
And as a parting gift, everyone went home with a big chocolate lollipop as a thank you from the birthday princess.
We had so, so, so much fun! This is such an exciting age and it was so fun to watch the magic in Logan's eyes as she took in all of the details. Can't wait for more parties! Ok, I can wait. I'm exhausted. But it was fun, none the less!


No comments:
Post a Comment