I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday, but figured I'd throw in a quick update. I've been having pretty regular contractions every night. This doesn't seem to mean a whole lot because they always seem to fizzle out after about 3-4 hours. I haven't found myself on the phone with my OB because they never seem to get closer together. I'll just go the full 3-4 hours with contractions at 5 minutes apart or 4 minutes and 26 seconds apart, or 3 minutes and 56 seconds apart (yep, that was all this weekend....Thurs, Fri and Sat) but don't get closer. Thankfully, the contractions are doing something because at my 36 week appointment I was 1.5 cm dilated. Hoping to go into this labor like I did with the other two with a good 4cm down!
36/37 weeks
How many weeks: 37
Weight gain? 21lbs
Morning Sickness? None this week. Lots of heartburn!
Cravings: None. I actually barely want to eat anything, anymore.
Sleeping well? Thankfully, yes! It's been usually between 11pm-1am right now when I fall asleep because of the contractions, but I've been able to sleep most of the night after that.
Labor signs? More pressure and dilation. The baby is still pretty high and not engaged at all, but usually after my babies engage labor is right around the corner.
Things I miss: Eating a full meal. Being able to sit up without feeling like I can't breathe.
Fun things we've done since the last post: Our nursery is about 95% complete. I'll try and post pictures of it sometime, soon! It may not be until after he's born, though. We got our hospital bags packed this week, the kids' overnight bags packed and delivered our extra carseats to the family who will be graciously coming to pick Logan and Brody up when I go into labor. (Side note: I have texted this sweet girl SO many times in the middle of the night the last week or so warning her that I may be in labor and she's still my friend. And brought me dinner this weekend while Mike was away so that I'd have company and not have to cook a meal.)
Things I'm looking forward to: HAVING THIS BABY! 37 weeks seemed so far away 4 weeks ago when they were testing me for preterm labor and now we're here and this baby is full term. I'm totally ok with waiting until my due date (sigh...even past it if necessary), especially since the days/weeks seem to be going just a little faster as the date approaches. But, he can come when he wants to now!
Here's a picture of me at 37 weeks with Logan, Brody (I look rough, we all had bronchitis) and then 37 weeks with baby boy #2. Amazing how different each pregnancy has been! Mike and I were reminiscing that when we were pregnant with Logan we ate out 4-5 nights a week, I was working and had retained a TON of water and we were just generally unhealthy because of how busy we were. With #2 it was better and with #3 I've found that all I had to do to keep from gaining too much was be incredibly ill for 34 weeks straight. Ha! Also amazing to note that belly #1 is now little girl in #3!






No comments:
Post a Comment