I knew this post would eventually come because this family means so much to us and our lives. I got to know the Marchman's during my 4 years in Tallahassee. I met the Marchman's through teaching their oldest son, Jonathan's, kindergarten Sunday School class (too many years ago). After teaching that class for a couple of weeks, I was asked to come and do some babysitting for them. Every once and a while turned in to every week which turned into every week and dinner which turned into a beautiful and lasting friendship with them. They mean so much to us!
When I met them and started babysitting for them, they had 4 kids (all under 6 at the time) and were pregnant with their fifth. I formed such a special bond with their kids (especially their youngest, Matthew, at the time) and with Evelyn. She became a special mentor to me and taught me so many things about being a God fearing mom to a large family. It is, in part, because of spending so much time with this sweet family, that I want a large one of my own.
Since leaving Tallahassee, we have added another member to our family, and so have they! Abigail was born only about a month after Logan. I've been dying to get the two girls to meet and we had the opportunity to do that a few days ago on the way down to my brother's wedding.


No comments:
Post a Comment