Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inspired By Cake Boss

Ok, I can't lie- I'm a bit of a cake boss fan. I like to record several episodes and then sit down and watch them all at the same time and marvel at the creativity that he has. I usually watch and will say something along the lines of, "I bet I could do that" to the screen, knowing deep down that I'd be lucky to create something minutely as good. I've been dying for a chance to give it a try and didn't want to just make a cake for the heck of it--I wanted there to be a reason. So, when Patty, one of my best friends from high school, found out she was having a baby girl today, I decided it was time to test myself. This is what I came up with:


Not too bad for a first try, eh? I know it could be a lot better, but I was just experimenting to see if I could do anything remotely artistic. I really do like the result though. :) I made my own pound cake from scratch and my own fondant (which was insanely difficult).
Then we took it over to Patty's and celebrated the news of their sweet little girl.
And I had to keep Logan from digging in herself. Such a precocious girl!

No comments: