Saturday, December 12, 2009

Janie and Jack

I won't lie and tell you that my favorite children's store is somewhere like Walmart or Target where I can get kiddie clothing for a nice, frugal price, because I'd be sorely mistaken. I can't even tell you that it's Carters or Kohls, though they come in a close third and fourth (respectively). No, if I had all the money in the world, I'd buy Logan's wardrobe (in it's entirety) at Janie and Jack. Think....Dick and Jane meet 2009. Very sweet, classic, well made children's clothing. Sometimes I just sit and look through their website drooling and check repeatedly for my favorite items to end up on clearance.

When we lived in Miami, we HAD our own Janie and Jack at one of the local malls. Oh yes. I spent too many hours browsing their racks when we lived there trying to figure out what combination of body parts I'd have to sell to outfit L's wardrobe for fall/winter/spring/summer. Arm and leg? Two legs and an arm? Still probably wouldn't be enough. I'd probably have to break out the big guns and sell an organ to get all of the things I really wanted. It'd be a viable option if I didn't need them so much. :) (really, please sense the sarcasm dripping in the last paragraph and don't call me asking me why I'm psycho)

Anyway, on rare occasion, if I looked hard enough (and they were having a sidewalk sale), I could find some items that I'd previously drooled over on a super clearance (and by that, I mean MOST of the items were under $15), meaning that I could (kind of) afford it. Enter this outfit:

Umm...really? Look at that outfit and tell me it's not the most adorable little thing you've ever seen. I could seriously just look at it and smile. (not to mention the model is pretty stinkin' adorable)
Last spring, when they had their sidewalk sale I found several fall/winter items on clearance and picked them up, once again, thinking that the time when she'd fit them would never come. It has, though, and I was so excited to pull these items out and put them on her yesterday. Even though she does look like a little French baby.
She happily kept her little Beret on all day long, pulling it off only once to show me that she was still in charge of what gets put on her head (ha! I have news for her!).
Then, she found my scarf and wouldn't leave it alone, so I put it on her and she just smiled and smiled...until she tried to crawl when she decided the scarf tripped her up a bit too much. She hasn't touched it since. Score: mommy: 1 Logan: 0



No comments: