Monday, April 19, 2010

Moving On Up

I've been meaning to post about this for several weeks now but since we rarely eat out, I haven't had a chance to get some good pictures (and I know most of you skip past my writing for the pictures, anyway). Logan has been eating table food for a while now, and when she first started Mike and I easily could cut food off of our own plates when we were out and share with her...however, that doesn't seem to be enough for her anymore and so she's been ordering off of the kids menu now for a while. I don't know why this has me so excited...but it does. :)

Logan has quite an affinity for fruits and veggies, and pretty much nothing else. We have a really hard time getting her to eat meat of any kind. In all of my years of babysitting/interning in a children's ministry/teaching, I've never met a child that I've had to say, "Eat some more of your super fried and greasy yummy chicken nuggets and then you can have some more from your fruit cup" to...but I seem to have birthed that crazy kid. Could be worse, right? I secretly love having a child who loves all things healthy. It's a lot of fun to go out in public and see the shock on peoples' faces when she refuses the fries and goes for the broccoli.

Onto the pictures!




(there is a point to this little story and it does relate to the pictures, so it's ok to read it) We seem to have acquired a pet mouse (and by acquired, I mean he snuck in and ravaged through my bags of flour and has left me absolutely petrified). I had been hearing scratching/biting noises at night when Mike is working (because that's the only time those alarming sounds happen--when my manly husband isn't around to take care of it) and he had convinced me that I was nuts and it was only because he was gone that I was "hearing" things.


When I found a bag of flour chewed through in our pantry, though, we knew we had an issue. So, I went about life normally and just ignored the nagging thought that there was something sharing my space until this morning when the guys came to put traps in the kitchen and now I'm having a hard time stepping foot in there in fear that I'll see something other than peanut butter stuck in the trap. Yuck. So, we don't usually eat out, especially not when Mike isn't around to enjoy it, too...but I'm a fraidy cat and so instead of tip-toeing around the traps to fix lunch, we went and got some Christian Chicken. So sue me. :)


2 comments:

TheConnorClan said...

i've been blessed with GREAT eaters, too. Noah eats ANY veggie and fruit I give him and same with Greer. Count yourself blessed, most momma's have a really hard time with the food ;)

Also, Noah didn't like meat either but around 2-2.5 he really started to eat it and like it, so she'll probably come around.

The Worts said...

Kristen is the same way. She was being stubborn the other day and just. would. not. eat the pizza I had made for lunch, so we bribed her with a sweet potato. :-)
By the way, I had a mouse in my house for TWO weeks while Josh was deployed, and I totally relate to how you feel. It was awful. I'll be praying it gets caught soon! (when Mike's around to dispose of it!!)
-val