Sunday, May 9, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend, Logan and I took a crazy whirlwind trip to Tuscaloosa, AL, for my brother, John's graduation and commissioning into the Army. To say I'm tired is the understatement of the year! Two 45 minute layovers in the Atlanta airport with flights leaving from the opposite end of the place is enough to have me sleeping for the next week straight. Whew!

We got in late Friday afternoon and headed to dinner for my grandma's 80th birthday!

They sat us at a table with a nice little corner for Logan to run around in. She found her great grandma's purse and it entertained her for quite a while--she is SUCH a girly-girl, I LOVE it:
We stayed in Aunt Carolyn's dorm on Friday night and helped her clear it out so she could check out and head home. Logan had a blast running up and down the hallway screaming (because she enjoyed the echo of the empty place). I'm sure she was good birth control for every college student left in the building, ha!
She also barricaded herself in Carolyn's room. Here she is saying "bye-bye, mommy, I'm in college now." (I know, this day will come much sooner than I care for it to)
We knew Logan would not sit through a three hour graduation ceremony so she and I stayed at my parents' hotel while they were there. All morning I showed her the pool and explained that we were going to go play in the "wa-wa" while everyone was gone. I also hyped it up as I put her in her swim suit and by the time we got down to the pool she was incredibly excited...until we realized that the pool was still pad-locked and hadn't been opened for the summer season yet. So, she had her juice box in her suit and took a bath instead. Sad day.
Then we headed off to see John be commissioned. Here she is with Carolyn while we waited for the ceremony to start:
She was not to thrilled to be sitting in my lap again (after so many hours on my lap in planes):
She lasted all of...oh...four seconds before I had to take her to the hallway and we spent the rest of the ceremony running around there and watching from the doorway. Such is life with a toddler, right? Any time she heard clapping though, she'd stop, drop anything she had in her hands and clap right along with them. She was VERY happy when it ended and we headed outside for a snack.
My favorite photo of the weekend:
Here are Carolyn and I with John:
Logan ate up all of the attention she got from all of my family.
How perfect are those cowgirl boots with that dress?

And we woke up way too early this morning (since we were an hour behind our normal schedule 5:30am was the wake up call from Logan) to head back home. I broke down about a week ago and got Logan a harness for the airport, just knowing it would be a nightmare by myself without one.
I was VERY glad I had it being that I was so tired and had no energy what so ever to run after a toddler in the airport.
Logan was so excited to see her daddy!
I'll do a separate mother's day post. I had to come home, shower, and become a normal human being again after the day's travels and now can take pictures with my sweet girl and be ok with posting them on the blog. :)



No comments: