Sunday, August 22, 2010

12 Weeks With #2!

Whoever said you start showing earlier in your second pregnancy was way right. I didn't even START taking pregnancy pictures with Logan until 19 weeks because I had nothing to show. As you can see, this is NOT the case this time around. Luckily, I haven't yet had to move into maternity pants, every article of mine most of mine fit, I'm just wearing shirts that fit a little looser. At least this time people are asking if I'm pregnant and not just looking at me like I've gained a lot of weight. It makes that part a little easier.

As far as first trimesters go, this one was pretty textbook what Logan's was. I got sick around week 6, more sick around week 8 and really sick around week 10 and that still hasn't subsided (and won't until week 16 if I keep up with L's pregnancy). Logan has been a little mimick and likes to "pretend" like she's sick too. This is ok at home, it's a little embarrassing when she starts to make gagging noises in Target.

I'm having the same food aversions that I had with her. No chicken breasts, no white lunch meat (actually most lunch meats make me queasy), most meals (unless I don't make them) are no longer appetizing after I've finished making them. I've gotten in the habit of making our dinners around lunchtime so they make me sick then and by the time dinner rolls back around they sound tolerable again. :) I've also had some sweet friends who have made us some meals and that's made things a lot easier. I'm living off of lime wedges, water, yogurt and any sweet thing I might crave--I do limit those to one a day, though. Don't want to fall off the deep end of pregnancy weight gain.

I'm much more tired this go around and not surprising considering I have a sweet, energetic, 19 month old to chase during the day. If you haven't heard from me in several months it's not because I'm dead or that I dislike you...I honestly am sleeping any second that I'm not running after my toddler or have my head in the toilet. I'm looking forward to the energy that the second trimester brings.

Like I said, this pregnancy is just about the exact same one I had with Logan, so, if it's a boy, I guess I'll just resign myself to the fact that no matter what gender I'm having...it's going to be a rough first trimester + a few weeks. :) It's totally worth it, though.

I know there aren't a whole lot of you who read this to hear about me so, here's what Logan is doing in preparation for the baby:



Using all the baby items while they are still just hers. I have a feeling we'll be dealing with some jealousy issues in about 6 months!


1 comment:

Patty said...

So excited for Baby Kayle #2! Only wish we could be closer! Hope the morning (aka all day) sickness goes away soon =/