Yesterday I hit the 40 week mark. Officially I'm not due until tomorrow but the way he measured in most of my ultrasounds dated him as due sometime between the 4th and the 6th. So, really, it's anyone's game now. Mike finishes his hybrid today at 5pm and my favorite OB is on call tonight so I'm kind of hoping that as soon as Mike is done this little guy will take the cue and get out. I'm drinking red raspberry leaf tea all day and we'll be taking some good walks in hope of getting the ball rolling.
At my last appointment I was 3cm dilated, 100% effaced and the baby was fully engaged at about a 1 station so he's ready to come, he's just comfortable and stubborn. Thankfully, the Dr. thinks he's stayed about the same weight the last few appointments because I haven't gained any, so she thinks he's just warm and doesn't want to move out. I'm hoping we don't have a ginormous baby! I was thinking she'd go ahead and schedule an induction at my last appointment so that I could at least have some sort of end date in mind. Unfortunately, hospital policy says that I have to be at least 40 weeks or it needs to be medically necessary to even schedule it... I was shy of 40 weeks by two days at the appointment. So, they'll schedule one at my next appointment on Wednesday if he hasn't come yet.
My hope is that they'll schedule it right away for the next day, but I know better than to get my hopes up. I think we'll have him sometime between the 11th and the 14th if he doesn't come on his own by then. I do show some signs of early labor every once and a while. I'll have good, long periods of strong contractions that come consistently but then will die off after an hour or so. We know they're doing something because I continue to progress, but they aren't active labor so we've avoided calling the hospital. So, there's the update. I promise, when it happens, people will get called. We won't hide a baby for several days without letting anyone know what's going on!
In the meantime, Logan and I continue to work on her bible verses. She's been picking up several more words in Psalm 23 so I thought it was time for an updated video of it. Here's the first video from a few months ago and the new one is at the bottom of this post. It gets so hard to catch her on video because she's SO BUSY (as you'll see). It amazes me that throughout the day we say it with no problem sitting still but as soon as we want to catch it for others to see she goes nuts. We had to give her a quarter of a bag of "dummy beers" to get her to at least stay near the camera this time.



No comments:
Post a Comment