Happy 6 months to my sweet, sweet Brody! Can you believe it's been half a year?! I can't!
Brody is SUCH a charmer! He'll smile at anyone for any reason. Even Logan, when she's screaming and throwing a fit, can pull a huge smile from Brody. Not sure how she'll feel about that in a few years...
And yes, he does smile all the time. That's why there aren't many pictures without him smiling. He is seriously always happy. It's incredible. You can wake up in a bad mood, go in to get him out of bed and you just can't stay in the bad mood.
He looks like a little chub sometimes, but don't let that fool you! He weighed in at 17lbs even, is 26 inches long and has a big head. :) A cute big head, though! He's in the 50% for weight, 80% for his head circumference (told you) and is in the 25% for height.
He still is sleeping through the night. I put him to bed between 6:30-7 most nights and he'll wake up once before 10 and then quickly goes back down until 7am. We are so, so thankful for a good sleeper.
He is so snuggly. That 10p wake up? Usually just wants a few minutes of snuggling and then happily falls back to sleep. Melts my heart.
He's just slipping into his 6-9 month clothing.
We've sadly had to retire the small cloth diapers. He's moved into the one size diapers. We are so thankful for those and that we don't have to continue to buy diapers!
Big boy mastered sitting up just before his 6 month mark. He got tired of laying down and just went for it when I sat him down. It took a few days but he no longer wobbles and can actually get onto all fours from the sitting position and then get back up into it. Strong, strong boy.
He loves to give sweet kisses, which actually feel more like you've got a blow fish suctioned to your face (I've never felt that and cringe at the thought, but it's what I picture it'd be like). He also gives great "hugs."
He has started to try and reach for people he wants to hold him. While he can't quite get his arms out to reach, he leans his whole body into wherever he wants to go and tries to get his hands and arms to follow his body.
He is SO close to crawling, it's scary! His motivation? Anything Logan DOESN'T want him to have. If she makes any mention or motion to keep him away from something, he goes for it. He does know how to scoot his little booty and can move a bit that way, but he's recently been falling onto all fours and trying to get to things that way. Time to double check our baby proofing! I actually have a feeling he's going to get into a LOT more than Logan ever did.
Brody continues to adore his big sister. He gets so giddy when she gets down on the floor with him to play. They sit for hours in the morning together playing, singing, "talking" and enjoying each other.
We've heard a lot of babbling this month! A lot of it sounds like "a bababababababa" with the occasional "mamamamamama" in there. I know he'll probably say "dada" first and mean it, but I like to think maybe somewhere deep inside they know that babbling mama means they've said my name first. I know I'm just lying to myself, but it's ok.
They seem so sweet and innocent in so many of their pictures, but this one really shows the true meaning of being a big sister. Brody is just biding his time before he can get even, I'm sure. He has that look in his eye, doesn't he?
And lastly, this month we started solids, again! Don't worry, I threw the oatmeal cereal out and WILL NOT be trying it with any subsequent children. We started with some peaches and sweet potatoes (I'm doing homemade stuff again) and he's also tried bananas, apples and mango. So far he's loved all of it and we haven't seen any tummy issues. He gets about a tablespoon at breakfast and a tablespoon at dinner and then nurses the rest of the day. We'll throw in a third meal in the next week or two and see how he handles it!
Here's his post-eating, pre-cleaned face!
And here are his shots at all six months! I seriously, seriously can't believe he's already half a year old. Crazy.



No comments:
Post a Comment