Brody is 11 months old! I'm so sad I didn't get to post on the right day but we discovered that the cord that connects the camera to the computer had quit working right before I went to load his 11 month pictures. So, we had to wait for a new one before I could post. Fear not, though! There are a ton of pictures.
At 11 months old, Brody:
- Is 18lbs.
- Wearing size 9-12 month clothes.
- Wearing a size 3-4 diaper.
- Is our little prince charming! He's so sweet and quick to come to our "rescue" when either Logan or I seem to be upset. Logan fondly refers to him as her "little prince" or "little chip" (from Beauty and the Beast).
- Is so, so happy! We get comments all the time about how people never see him cry, he's always smiling or laughing. We know this not to be the case because we've seen homeboy get teeth, and it is no walk in the park, but we're so glad he's so easy going with others.
-Is easy going and quickly seems to warm up to people. He doesn't mind being passed around unless it's close to bedtime and then all he wants is momma.
- Had such a good time with Mimi when she came to visit! He cried and cried when she got out of the car to go back to Miami.
- Loves to spend one on one time with mommy but is always excited when Logan gets home or wakes from her nap.
- He adores his big sister. He constantly follows her around and always seems to find a way to get her to do things with him. They're best buds and it's so fun to watch them interact! He loves her so much that he always reaches for her hand to hold in the car as soon as they're both buckled in. You can definitely tell he's the second child because when I take him out on his own he looks for Logan immediately and is not a happy camper in the car without her.
- He's nicknamed Logan "ya-ya." I think it's because she calls herself "Lo-lo" when she's talking about herself with him. She will not tolerate anyone but him calling her that. Today, on one such solo trip, he kept calling out, "ya-ya? ya-ya?" It was so sweet!
- Is still on a very rigid schedule. We have a hard time going out in the mornings because he's only awake from 7-8:30/9 and then goes down for a couple hour nap. He's consistent! He also naps from 1-3 and then is in bed no later than 7...lately we haven't been able to keep him awake much past 6:30. Thankfully, he usually sleeps a full 12 hours.
- LOVES to put things in his mouth! We started to wean the paci and he only takes it at night and at naps but I've had to start bringing it with us when we go outside to keep him plugged so he doesn't put rocks, dirt, sticks or anything else he finds in there! I also sweep and mop the kitchen 3-4 times a day and have to constantly vacuum and spot check the rugs. It's only by God's grace that we haven't had any major swallowing incidents with him, though, he did swallow his sister's earring this month!
- Got two more teeth this month! We're up to six now! We've felt it, too, because Brody, while normally a great sleeper, is AWFUL when he teethes. I'm normally up every 1/2 hour with him when he's cutting one.
- Is getting more adventurous with standing and moving around. He can walk back and forth on the couch while holding it and uses a push toy to get places, sometimes. He still won't venture from furniture to furniture (even pieces so close he'd only have to turn around). He doesn't seem really interested in walking and I think it's because he crawls at the speed of light!
- Is eating like champ. He eats anything you put in front of him and I haven't found any foods that he refuses yet. His favorites this month were bananas, avocados, rice, broccoli and peas.
- He's still nursing several times a day but we're looking forward to adding some whole milk to his diet next month!
- Is always on the move. You can have him right next to you one second and then you look back and he's on the other side of the apartment. I'm telling you--speed of light.
- LOVES to dance! Even if I'm just humming a song, he's grooving with me. It's SO cute.
-Is relaxed and pretty mild mannered unless you do something to really annoy him. He does have a big temper that flares up very quickly if he's not happy with you.
- Started playing peek-a-boo.
- Can say: more, please, thank you, milk, hungry, all done and night night in sign language.
- Can say: mama, daddy, bye bye, ya-ya (logan), night night and ball.
I'm so sad that this is our last monthly update before the big ONE! How this year has flown is beyond me, I seriously don't feel like it's been an entire year. I miss my little newborn but I absolutely adore the little boy that he's becoming.


No comments:
Post a Comment