Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow!

We've been waiting and hoping for snow this winter but it's been so warm that we were beginning to wonder if we'd get any at all! Wonder no more, though, we got a teeny tiny bit last night.
It started to fall in big flakes about 8:30 last night and Logan was already long asleep. She had been asking all day if it was "nowing" yet and I was so sad that it waited until she was in bed to start. I was very tempted to wake her so she could see it fall but Mike reminded me she usually gets up once before 11pm to go to the bathroom and she could see it then. Go figure that last night was the first night in a while she actually DIDN'T wake.
She woke up around 6:40 this morning and noticed the white stuff outside and begged to go out and play a little. I knew if we didn't get out quickly that it'd probably melt since a good bit of it was already gone as it was. So, we bundled up and headed out.
She had to scrape it off of cars and other surfaces to actually get a bit of it in her hands.
This one was not too amused:
As you can see, it was barely a sprinkling of the white stuff but it was enough to have her excited. I SO wish we'd get one good snow fall, I think she's at such a fun age to enjoy something like that...and I'm not pregnant this year so I'd actually be able to play with her!

Here she is trying to show off her "no-ball" it kept breaking apart, though, when she opened her hands.
I'm pretty sure that's probably all we'll get this year. Here's hoping for a good snow fall next winter!


No comments: