Thankfully, both of our children are not picky eaters. We've worked hard to make sure that they try a nice variety of foods and that they eat whatever is put in front of them. That being said, it's always nice to find a fun way to hide veggies (especially green ones) that the kids really enjoy and this gem did just that!
The green color absolutely did not deter them! In fact, I think it added just a little more intrigue to the drink.
Here's the recipe:
(Pre cut banana slices, zip them in a ziplock and freeze them for an hour or two beforehand)
Blend:
1 frozen banana (or more, taste preference)
1 tbs peanut butter
1/2 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
1 cup of milk
Fill the rest of the blender w/ baby spinach--I probably put in 3-4 cups worth.
Blend and enjoy!
I gave Brody a cup of it before remembering it had peanut butter in it! Oops....well, he's just a month shy of a year old, right? Good news, he's not allergic to peanuts, and he loves some spinach!


No comments:
Post a Comment