Mike and I were thrilled when the Dr. ordered our anatomy ultrasound 2 weeks early so that Mike could be with us to find out the gender! We went in last Friday hoping to sneak a peak and find out what gender would be the tie breaker. Mike was 100% sure it was a girl and I was 100% sure it was a boy. Brody said boy and after a while Logan started saying she was on both teams (because, like mommy, someone else HATES being wrong).
Five minutes in and I instantly caught a glimpse that told me it was a boy and asked that the tech go ahead and check the gender right away. Sure enough, little boy 2 was not shy and showed us that he was all boy! Everything else looked perfect, he's growing right on schedule.
The kids wanted to do some sort of reveal with balloons so after the appointment I took them to the store and let them each pick out an "It's a boy" balloon and we brought them home to take pictures to send to everyone.
Then I photoshopped little buddy's ultrasound picture to put up so the rest of the world would know we were expecting our second sweet boy.
Here he and I are at 18 weeks!
I'm feeling better. Some energy has returned, the nausea is almost gone and the only thing I really suffer from is needing an afternoon nap most days pretty badly. It's nice to finally be able to clean the house and get pictures hung. It's also nice to be able to cook and eat what I make without wanting to gag. I'm feeling him a little more, but a lot less than I felt the other two. His placenta has attached to the front of the uterus (anterior placenta) and so all of his kicks are being cushioned pretty heavily. On the ultrasound we could see how terribly active hie was, but I didn't feel any of it, whereas at both Logan and Brody's anatomy scan's I could feel all of their strong movements that we saw. Hopefully in a few weeks he'll be strong enough to kick through the placenta and I'll feel him a little more--I hate to miss out on that part of the pregnancy, it's my favorite!!
We are over the moon THRILLED to welcome a new little boy into our family! It will be fun to watch he and Brody interact being a little more than 2 1/2 years apart. It'll also be fun to go to Churchill family gatherings with all of the boys we've acquired in the last couple of years! Logan was a little disappointed, she really wanted a baby sister, but we talked about how right now our family gets to have two princesses and we get to do lots of special princess things together since there are only two of us and I think she's feeling a lot better about it.
We have no names for this little boy yet. We've tossed around several ideas but nothing has jumped out at us like the names with the other two did so quickly. We may not name him until we see him! But, as always, everyone will find out his name when he makes his grand entrance. We can't wait for November!!
We have no names for this little boy yet. We've tossed around several ideas but nothing has jumped out at us like the names with the other two did so quickly. We may not name him until we see him! But, as always, everyone will find out his name when he makes his grand entrance. We can't wait for November!!


No comments:
Post a Comment