We found a nice little 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath townhouse about 15 minutes from Mike's store, which has made for a much easier commute and has allowed for more family time since he's not driving an hour and a half a day. The reason we chose to rent here (because we found a few other houses either cheaper or bigger for the price) was because of the great amenities offered. We have two nice pools, a few playgrounds, a gym (that has childcare and great classes) and it's located on a golf course so Mike can play golf for free after 3 every day. We've taken full advantage of the pools and the playgrounds and Mike played his first nine holes last weekend. I'm pretty sure we'll enjoy our year here.
Moving to a new place in the midst of my first trimester was NOT FUN. I've been so sick and so exhausted that the idea of "setting up house" has almost made me nauseous in and of itself. But, I keep reminding myself that it's better than moving with a brand new baby, which is what we would have been doing if we had renewed the lease on our apartment. It's very slowly coming along. I got the kids' room and bathroom done and unpacked first so that they'd have a place to play and call their own. The transition was a little tough for them and I wanted to make it as easy as I could by providing them their space quickly. The rest of the house is.....coming along. Slowly. But I figured if I waited to get the whole place done, it'd be months before I'd post pictures. So, I'll post as I finish.
We decided to keep Logan and Brody in the same room. They're already used to it and love being together, so it was a natural decision to make. It also means we don't have to sleep train either of them to tune out a screaming baby in the middle of the night and puts the baby in the smaller room right next to our room. We took out some of the baby stuff from their room, creating more of a big kid room. It's themed "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" because we found a cute PB Kids matching boy/girl set for their beds.
Looking in from the door:
From the opposite side of the room:
More from the door (the quote is from the book), we finally caved and bought a full bookshelf for them, but may need one more with all of the books they've collected!
Looking from the beds:
Logan and Brody enjoying storytime, together:
The kids' bathroom didn't get much change. It's still jungle themed. But it's much bigger!
I did add "wash your hands" and "brush your teeth" to their animal prints for something a little different.


No comments:
Post a Comment