I've been wanting to get this post up for a while! I had grand plans of taking Brody out and doing a 2 year photo shoot with him but then found out we were pregnant, started to get sick and then we moved and it just hasn't happened. So, I wanted to get down his two year stuff and then I'll get him out for some photos in the near future!
Brody is TWO! I can't believe that it's been two years. They have flown. It seems like a day ago we were in the hospital with him and here he is walking, talking and letting us know how things go.
Brody is very, very active. He will not sit still unless he's tired! He likes to run, jump, play hide and seek, duck duck goose and tag. He loves to be outside playing with his (daddy's) golf clubs, his baseball stuff, throwing a football or running (avoiding) the sprinklers. He is all. boy.
His favorite food is hummus. He'll eat anything with it! Mostly he snacks on pita chips and hummus but if I ever need or want him to eat something he refuses I just let him dip it and he's happy. He also enjoys zucchini, kilbasa, broccoli, mac and cheese, and peanut butter/honey bagels!
His favorite books are: Puff Puff Chugga Chugga, Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site and a variety of other transportation books. He loves cars, trains, planes and boats so if you have a book that's got one of those, I guarantee we'll read it until it's worn down.
His favorite TV show is Super Why. Though, we can't get him to sit through a single episode of anything because he just doesn't want to sit still. I can't complain, I'd rather have him running off energy than being a couch potato, but it's been rough being sick and not having ANY means of getting him to sit and be still! He also loves Veggie Tales, Henry Hugglemonster, Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Chuggington.
His favorite dessert is cake pops but he honestly doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. He'll gladly eat things that are sweet when offered to him, but he rarely finishes them.
His favorite toys are his train set and his trucks. He could sit for hours on his own just playing with those.
His favorite activity is playing with Logan. He follows her around and is over joyed when she asks if he wants to join her in her games. He'll do anything with her!
Brody's language exploded at about 20 months and he began to talk in small sentences. Now, he can communicate just about anything he wants. He speaks really clearly for a two year old and sometimes surprises us with the sentences he's able to come up with. Some of my favorite Brody-isms:
"Trains ride on the tracks, planes ride high in the sky!"
"Oh my."
"Where'd wogan (Logan) go?" (about 20,000x a day)
"Wogan HEET (hit) me!" (Normally this is said after he patronizes her and wants her in trouble...it starts young!)
"Wanna nuggle (snuggle) me? I wanna nuggle you!" (usually said when he doesn't want to go to bed)
"I no listen to THIS music, turn on more uh-uh (veggie tales--if you're familiar, it's the sound the tuba makes at the beginning of their theme song) songs!"
Brody can count to 20 (thank you hide and seek). He can say the alphabet and can actually say some of the sounds thanks to his doting big sister. He likes to come sit with us during her reading lessons and "sound out the letters" which really is more him saying any letter sound he can remember. It drives her bonkers but it's sweet to me that he wants to be a part of it.
He loves to make animal noises, we are working on which animals make which sounds. If it were up to him all animals would say 'oink oink' and humans would make all of the other sounds.
Brody is 23lbs (40%) and is 34 inches (60%). Long and lean like his daddy.
We are so thankful that God has blessed us with such a wonderful little boy. We are thrilled that we get to be his family and can't wait to see him continue to grow! Our prayer is that God would soften his heart and reveal himself to him one day and that we can watch him do amazing work for the Kingdom.


No comments:
Post a Comment