Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bad Case of Mommyitis


And so it seems the clingyness begins. Liz, a retired police officer from the church has been watching Logan when we don't have family lined up. She came for the first time yesterday and while Lo seemed ok before I left, I guess she lost it pretty good after I was gone and had to be held the entire day. I'm very thankful that she didn't call to tell me while I was at work or I would have just been miserable until I could get to her yesterday.

This morning when Liz walked in the door, Logan took one look and got her little quiver lip and started to cry. I cuddled her for a bit and then sat her in her bouncer to watch some Baby Einstein and as I grabbed my purse her lip started to pout and quiver again and I could just hear her whimpering as I walked out the door. It was horrible! I cried all the way to Mike's store and as I was getting my morning latte I tearfully told Mike how thankful I am that I'll be able to be with her next year. God really has made me to be a mommy, I have no desire to do anything else.

Here are a few pictures of Logan tonight in her crib (which she has yet to sleep in at night, she just loves the bassinet too much). She's wearing a sleeper that says "Mommy Loves Me" and that phrase could not be more true!!


Such a big girl! Right now she's sitting next to me fighting sleep. She'll get SO close and then start moving her arms and legs and fussing until she fully wakes herself up. It's so much fun..... except not.

A couple anecdotes from some of my little girls at school:

"So, is your baby alive now that she's out of your belly?"

Girl 1: "Mayah, stop being so popular!"
Me: "What do you mean, popular?"
Girl 1: "You know, someone who everyone knows but they're kind of act snobby and stuff. It's annoying."

"Mrs. Kayle, I want to be a teacher when I grow up because your hair is so beautiful and stuff." (and stuff is the favorite little phrase to add to the end of EVERYTHING)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((((MOMMY))))) My kids used to do the same when I left for work. It got better with the second baby (for me, it did...but I still felt guilty at times).

I think it is wonderful you have such great care lined up for your little lady. Daycare was a huge headache for us. We made do, but it was stressful trying to get out the door by 6:30 am with two babies. I don't miss those crazy days (sure, I miss having tiny babies, but not the daycare stuff).

The bowband looks amazing! Love it! :) :)

I LOL at the first grader quotes. Sometimes I can't believe the funny words coming from my 1st grader. Too funny!

Have a great weekend!

Shannon