Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Update Long Overdue

It's really been a while...hasn't it? Things here have been wildy busy for us as Mike is in full swing with school and work and L and I have gotten into a nice routine. Usually when I have "down time" I'm rushing around the house to get things clean, laundry done, dinner prepared, etc, so I don't think to sit down and write. I realize that there are those out there (cough...grandparents...cough) who are restless to see some new pictures and hear some sweet Logan stories. :)

So, our new morning routine includes L playing in her pac-n-play while I make the bed and either fold laundry or pick up/vacuum the bedroom. She loves to sit, watch and sing to me as I work.
Logan outgrew her newborn carseat about 2 months ago and was in desperate need of a new one. Every time we put her in her seat it was a five minute fiasco trying to fit the buckle around her sweet little thighs and so her Nana Kathy and Gradpa Don were very sweet and got her the new carseat that we had been eying for a while. I think we'll probably go with this seat for all of our subsequent children--it has a newborn insert and they fit in it until they are about 40lbs so it's a great convertible seat and it's so comfy. L hated riding in the car after about 6pm in the old seat but since we've had the new one (knock on wood), she has been fine all the time.
We're starting to notice L's personality coming out more and more. Sunday before church she and daddy played for quite a while. She's in that "find something that I think is funny and I'll laugh on command for hours...and then never will think it's funny again after that" phase.
I don't really remember what was so funny that morning, but she was in stitches.
Now, we mustn't forget that the best time of year is here- college football season! We've been counting down the days until we could watch Buckeye and Seminole football with L and it's finally here. Now, I must say, we're quite disappointed with the 'noles after their performance on Monday night but are looking forward to seeing them redeem themselves throughout the season. Here's Logan's gameday outfit (we have plenty more on the way throughout the season):
And we're about to hit a new milestone. Prior to the last week, I could leave L sitting like this and walk out of the room to grab something so long as I didn't take more than about 2 minutes:

I can no longer do this because:
Yes, Logan has reached the stage where she is rearing to crawl. She can actually get a few inches every time she gets into this position and so I can no longer look away without hearing her get into something that was nowhere near her when I set her down. It's exciting, she's growing up, but very bittersweet because I can't just leave her for a minute anymore and she's becoming more and more independent. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm one of those people who wait impatiently for updates and pictures too!!!! I miss you guys!