With the recent addition of a "borrowed baby" during the day, thing here have been mighty hectic and I've been sorely neglecting my blog...but I'm going to try to be better with it. Anyway, what's been going on in our household the last week or so?
Well, Logan has really begun liking the soft seat that we got her for Christmas, for one! We were a little apprehensive at first because she just seemed to ignore it and get mildly irritated if we tried to sit her in it ourselves. However, this last week she's really gotten into it! I think she uses it mostly to climb other furniture and get to things that she wants but can't otherwise reach (see proof below):
But we're glad she's finally using it! She'll sit in it now with her sippy cup and watch her Playhouse Disney shows, too, so we're making progress. :)
She also will sit next to it and just talk to him when he's fussing.
She's also helping out a whole lot with him. Like I said above, she bounces him in his bouncey seat. She also will rock his carseat when he's in it like she sees Mike and I doing to help get him to sleep. I was shocked the other day when I asked Mike to run and get me one of his diapers and she crawled to a pile of folded cloth diapers, grabbed one of hers and brought it to me. I would have never guessed that she'd understand me, but she surely did! She also likes to hand me things that I've dropped, like his bottle or his blankie. She's going to be a wonderful big sister one day!
Just a couple of days ago, she started to go sit outside of the door when she hears him wake up and cry. While she's sitting there she speaks quite loudly to get my attention after he's woken up to get me to come and get him out:
She's been such a happy, sweet, sweet girl the last week with him around. She only gets clingy once he's left and she's got us to herself again.
Another new (HUGE) development this week is that we've moved Logan's crib mattress onto the ground for her to sleep on. She's never been a fan of her crib and just screams bloody murder when she's in it, but she's starting to get a little big for her pack and play so we decided to give this a try. We're trying to save up money to get her a toddler bed but until then this works just fine. So far, so good, she slept an entire night in it last night and only woke up disoriented once! Now, I, on the other hand, was another story and was up most of the night making sure that she hadn't gotten up and crawled off somewhere...





No comments:
Post a Comment