Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Girl's Got Hair

I don't have a whole lot to post about today. Mike's got the cold that Logan and I shared earlier in the week so he spent most of the morning in bed before heading off to work and L and I ran errands and did some house work. I've been reflecting on the fact that I am almost the mother of a 1 year old. It just is insane to me that a year ago I was driving around with a huge towel under me afraid that at any second my water would burst (and if it did, it would surely be in the car, in the middle of a busy US1 intersection, right?). And now, I still drive around with a towel in my car just in case we have some sort of bodily liquid accident (which doesn't happen much anymore). Life changed forever but I never want it to be the same. Our sweet girl has really added so much to our lives and we can't wait to see how much more she'll add as the years go on!

She's been pulling up for a while, but just this week she's really taken hold of standing on her own. She gets SO excited when she does it and just starts to wildly flap her arms (which usually causes loss of balance), but it's so cute. I'm trying to capture it on video but she tells me that she's not a performer when I do it. Anyway, here are a few pictures. I haven't captured the independent standing yet, but I promise, I'm working on it!


She's got that really toothy grin now with her 3 (almost 4) teeth! I've also been looking like crazy for a cute pair of baby keds for her now that she's standing but NO ONE carries them until like March. The seminary has a great swapping shop where you can drop stuff off that you don't use and pick stuff up that you can use and I happened to find a pair of the shoes I was looking for in her size!! She looks like such a big girl with them on!
And finally, a meaning for the title of the post. I've had several people ask about how long L's hair is because it's hard to tell in the head on shots of her that she does actually have some hair growing in. She's got quite a bit in the back, and, as you'll notice, it's got a bit of a flippy curl to it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! We like to sit in the morning and brush each other's hair...or, Logan tangles my hair with my brush and I make hers pretty, however you want to look at it.


Happy Sabbath!



No comments: