All I can say after this birthday party is, thank goodness birthday's only roll around once a year! HA! I think that it's because I'm so detail oriented and am SUCH a perfectionist (in the good and bad way) that it took forever to plan and execute this party...and to think, she won't even remember it! Oh, well. I'm very happy with the way that it turned out and I'll remember it and remind her with pictures. I've split the post in two--the first half is with the party details so you can feel like you were right here with us and the second half is with pictures of the birthday ballerina.
Logan and mommy showing off the birthday spread:
A close up of the pink and yellow details:
Here's the big people cake:
I spent ALL DAY Friday making these guys from scratch and now know I'll probably just order cakes in the future! By the time it was all done I had no desire to even eat a piece.
And here is Logan's smash cake. I definitely had to monogram it!
The sweet's set up:
My mom and I made the chocolate 1's to match the color scheme, they were such a fun project! We also had a lot of pink and yellow candy to match. The pink candy was super easy to find with valentine's day right around the corner but yellow candy just doesn't exist in large quantities! We were pretty much limited to jelly bellies.
The bags with the custom sticker toppers for people to fill with candy:
And here is the start of the birthday ballerina pictures!
Logan was very shy and kept her finger in her mouth like this most of the afternoon. She's started really sucking on the one (or two, sometimes) fingers quite a bit and we're not sure if it's the teething or if she's doing it to comfort herself.
And the sweet ballerina feet, already standing on her toes!
Logan decided that since she's one, coffee is definitely a necessity.
Watching the happenings from her own chair.
Rocking back and forth on the ground in excited anticipation of her party:
Birthday cupcake bootie!
Did you really just take that picture, mom?
We stripped her down to her diaper and bib for her smash cake. She loved hearing everyone sing to her!
A little skeptical but decided to go ahead and try:
And this lasted all of five seconds before she realized her hands were dirty and she couldn't stand it. She's such a girl, I love it!
Our family after the impromptu cleanup:
She was happy when she was clean again.
But insisted on being naked for most of the rest of the party.
I finally was able to get the onesie back on her toward the end and she was WIPED OUT!
1st birthday party was a success!



No comments:
Post a Comment