Saturday, February 13, 2010

Date Night

I have to say, we have, quite possibly, the best neighbors in the entire world. On a moments notice they'll be up here to watch Logan and they do it all out of the kindness of their hearts. It's so nice for Mike and I, because, on such a tight budget sometimes all we have $ for is the actual date and if we had to pay for a babysitter, we'd be in trouble! (of course, they know that we'll definitely repay the favor in the future--no question about it)

So, anyway, we asked them to come up last night so Mike and I could go on an early V-day date (since Mike works tonight and tomorrow night) and they did (we made them pizza to entice them). It's nice because Logan knows them now and so we left and she didn't even bat an eye, which makes for a much nicer dinner for me. As I was making dinner for them, I looked at Mike and said I now felt like a mother, officially, because I remember being a babysitter and just PRAYING that they'd have dinner for me, as well, so that I wouldn't starve all night; and here I was, making dinner for babysitters.

We had a nice dinner, went out for coffee and even came back home to find her asleep on the couch! (which is insane because I think it's the first time ever that someone, other than myself, has been able to get her to fall asleep at bedtime) Of course, this didn't last because as soon as I got her into her bed she woke up and was ready to party. So, because we hadn't seen her in several hours and since we knew we'd be up watching the Olympic opening ceremonies, we got her up and hung out with her for a while. Here are some pictures we snapped:

Look at all of those teeth! She's got 7 now and the 8th is about to poke through! (P.S. this is not her real smile- it's her, "I'm teething and don't quite know what to do with this new moutful of teeth" smile)
This is the real, award winning smile that we like to get:




No comments: