Logan is developing so quickly now, it's hard to keep up with her. She's picked up a few new things this week and so while she and the borrowed baby are sleeping (at the same time...for the first time EVER) I thought I'd pop on and share them (with some pictures, don't worry!).
-Logan has been saying bye bye (buh-buh) for quite a while now but just this week she got the actual bye sound--however, instead of saying buh-bye she says bye-buh. So when someone leaves the house you'll usually get two minutes of bye-buhs and arm flailing.
- Logan learned to high five this week! Though, she more high 1's you because instead of doing the palm to palm contact, she takes her pointer finger and touches the palm of your hand. Almost like saying, "sorry, you're not good enough to have my whole palm grace the presence of yours, here's a finger." It's SO funny, anyone we show her doing it to busts up laughing because it's just so normal to her, she has no idea she's doing it "wrong."
- I've been using disposable diapers on her for the last two days because both she and the baby we watch have been sick and so any time I have "free" I'm wiping snotty noses or cleaning bottles and haven't had time to throw her diapers in the wash. However, that will change today seeing as late yesterday afternoon L figured out how to unfasten her diapers. Now I can walk out of the room and come back to find her diaperless and walking around like nothing ever happened. This would be ok as long as she only took off clean diapers. Yesterday she had a dirty one and took it off and came to give it to me--almost like saying, "this is disgusting mommy, it took you way to long to get it off of me so I just did it for you." Thanks Logan. I really appreciate the thought but didn't really appreciate the extra stain remover I had to use on several items or the impromptu bath we had to take in the middle of the day! :) Oh the stories I'll have to tell you one day when you're going to PROM! ha!
So, here's Logan yesterday, post bath. She got put in her robe because we had a party to go to last night and I couldn't stand the thought of putting on her party clothes and having her do something similar and needing to find a whole new set of clothing to put on her. You'll also notice she's carrying Mike's alarm clock around. Yet another Logan-ism--she can't be seen without some sort of electronic device. :)
She doesn't like hoods too much.
P.S. You might be saying, "well, Christy, if you actually kept pants on her, she probably wouldn't be able to get the diaper off in the first place." Wrong again. She's figured out how to get the pants down just enough to slip the diaper off. Smart, eh?


No comments:
Post a Comment