Logan and I made cookies together today! We made some last year in October but she was still so little she mostly sat and watched. This time, she was a kind of big help. AND we kept the kitchen relatively clean! I collaged some of the pictures because there are so many and some of them are just slightly different.
We started off by naming all of the ingredients and repeating sounds that she knew (like the "b" in butter):
She got to throw in most of the dry ingredients:
She was entirely fascinated by my pink kitchen aide hand mixer...and who wouldn't be? It's pink!
She even got to take several turns holding the mixer (just don't tell her it was off when she was doing it on her own):
I think she felt like a big girl because she kept repeating, "I mama, I mama" while she was doing it.
She had SO much fun!

We, indeed, waited by the oven the entire time the cookies were baking by request of the princess (who wouldn't leave the kitchen if I told her that her favorite show was on TV).
Then, after they cooled, she spent 30 minutes frosting and decorating her cookie! Well, mostly she ate frosting... so she may be up all night (anyone want to come wrangle a sugared up toddler tonight?), but it was so nice to see her so engaged that I don't even care.

When I told her she could actually eat the cookie she wasn't quite sure what to think, so she tried to hand it to me first. No thanks, honey, I don't need a drooled on, over frosted piece of sugar right now. :)
She really enjoyed it, though!
I think she only took about two bites before realizing that the frosting was getting everywhere and then she asked to be cleaned up so that she could go play outside. Oh, the joys of having an overly clean child, it does make life a little easier. Little boy is destined to be a little bit of a slob because Logan is such the opposite. Maybe lighting will strike twice for me, though?



No comments:
Post a Comment