Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nesting

I was close to 7 months pregnant with Logan when I started nesting. I wanted everything organized, cleaned, all her clothes washed and the nursery done. I thought I was quick on the uptake with her, but this little boy has me going c-r-a-z-y with the nesting bug. In the past two days I've taken apart the entire refrigerator, cleaned every little piece and put it back together, I've organized and re-organized our coat closet twice, and I've vacuumed the house at least three times...that may be because I have a slight love for my vacuum and a huge love for watching my child try and do it herself. Today, I put away my pre-pregnancy clothes and pulled out all of my old maternity wear; I destashed things I haven't used in years, color and print coded all of the clothes and made a little space for baby boy's stuff in my closet (it'll eventually get into the kids' room).

While I was doing all of this, Logan was doing some of her own nesting. When there was finally space in my closet, Logan went and got several pillows, blankets, books and baby dolls and played in the bottom of the closet for quite some time. The pictures I took are after her nap, so a lot of it had been put away...these were the things she managed to get back in there. I think she thinks it's her new room--she keeps asking to go "night-night" in there...fat chance, kiddo.




My next project is Logan's closet...I need to get in there and destash a lot of her stuff so we can make room for her little brud (that's what she calls my belly). Right now the princess inhabits that entire closet and then some. Oh, if we had all of the storage in the world, right? :)



No comments: