Wednesday, November 3, 2010

22 Week Checkup

I had my 22 week appointment today and everything looks great! I thought I'd crawl into a hole and die when they told me I'd gained a little more weight than normal (umm...8lbs in 4 weeks) but, my jacket (with keys, phone and all kinds of random toys in it) weighed 5lbs by itself so I really gained closer to 3lbs which I can handle. Whew! Lesson learned, strip off as much of the extra fall/winter gear as I can before stepping on the scale so I don't gain an astronomical amount of weight this pregnancy. :) I lived in Miami the last time I was pregnant so I didn't have this problem.

Logan came with me and behaved fabulously! We went prepared with a million snacks, books, her baby doll and a few other random things and she occupied herself wonderfully while we were there. She knew we were going to the "do (short o)" to check up on "baby brud" and told everyone that would pay her attention about it. Afterwards we went on a mommy/daughter date and had a nice chat--mostly consisting of singing the ABC's and talking about where daddy was (since we usually go to Moes with him). It was sweet and I look forward to doing more of them in the future. My next appointment is my glucose test and then we'll be close to 30 weeks and on our way to appointments every 2 weeks. Ready or not, little boy is on his way!







2 comments:

Luke and Patty said...

Girl, are you kidding me? I even took my shoes off every time they told me to get on the scale!

christy said...

umm I'm seriously considering a bathing suit next time (just kidding)...but really, how ridiculous is it that I didn't think to take that thing off? Worst part of pregnancy is that stupid scale.