Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Crafts!

Logan and Kate play so well together that we've been trying to be purposeful with some of our playdates and we've gotten into a lot of crafting. Last week we made our Turkey cupcakes and then began to plan for activities that we could do for today. We came up with three fun ideas and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the girls did with the crafts and how involved they wanted to be! We're working on Christmas craft ideas, now.

Project 1: Turkey Puppets

Logan was very into the glue sticks. She wanted to put glue on e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g and I had to literally pry the stick out of her hands when we were finished. I think she was ready to keep going until we had the entire apartment glued together. Don't think we'll be getting glue sticks for ourselves anytime soon! ;)

Mommy helped a lot, but she put most of the glue on herself and she stuck all of the pieces down (with positioning help, of course).

She didn't quite understand what I wanted her to do when I told her to put it on her hand and then got really frustrated with it there after a minute so I couldn't get a picture with it right side up. It's hanging on the refrigerator now so that Mike can check it out before Logan destroys it.
Project 2: Fruit Turkeys!

We found this idea on Disney's website and thought it was a fun way to get a healthy snack in for the girls.
And they certainly saw it more as a snack and less as a craft! It was hard to get the turkey's assembled before they got eaten.



We had a fun lunch together and for our last project, we made dessert!

Project 3: Pilgrim Hats

While the girls played, we dipped the cookies and marshmallows in chocolate and then let the girls put together the little hats. We ambitiously made them each enough to make 4 hats but barely got them to make two each before they scarfed down crazy amounts of chocolate.
I finally got Logan to pose with one of her projects.

And the aftermath:


So excited about celebrating a holiday together as a family tomorrow. Logan and I already have begun our preparations for the big meal!

No comments: