So, after a nice two hour nap (who knew cooking could wear her out so well? maybe it'll have to be a new daily activity), Logan got up and was ready to help me with the cornbread stuffing. This was probably the most time consuming project of them all because we made the bread and the cornbread for it from scratch first and then made the stuffing. It was definitely worth it, but I'm trying to rethink how I could do it again next year without spending so much time on it on Thanksgiving day.
Then we worked on our green bean casserole. Logan was standing next to the sink with me watching me snap the green bean ends off and couldn't, for the life of her, figure out what I was doing.
While the casserole baked, Logan spent some quality time coloring.
After our marathon of cooking (I don't think I left the kitchen for more than 10 minutes from 7am-4:30pm...whew!), we got changed and got everything ready to put on the table. Logan wanted to make sure everyone knew she was wearing a tur-tee shirt so when I asked her to say "cheese" for the picture she couldn't help but pointing it out.
And I'm very pleased to announce that this guy came out JUST the way I wanted him to! Juicy, not overcooked, not undercooked, and a beautiful golden brown.
This picture is more for my future benefit, but I thought I'd include the spread on the blog, too. While I would have loved a more elaborate dinner, we only had so much room in the oven/fridge/kitchen itself so we had to each pick some basic dishes we wanted and stick to them.
We were both highly satisfied with the results of our labors and look forward to doing it again next time!



No comments:
Post a Comment