Friday, April 1, 2011

Blessed.

I am blessed to have birthed this beautiful baby boy. I'm blessed that the labor and delivery was smooth, quick and relatively easy. I'm blessed that the recovery has been SO MUCH better than it was with Logan (I don't know if I've mentioned it on here, but the Dr. came in and saw me the day after I had Brody and told me that she was very surprised that I had willingly chosen to have more children after seeing the extent of my epis. with L).
We are blessed that while we've seen some traces of regression with Logan, the crazy pacifier seems to be the worst of it, and even that is only an issue every so often.
I am blessed that Logan loves her little brother to pieces. While I have to constantly watch her to make sure she's not smothering him with her affection, it melts my heart when she does things like lie down next to him and start singing Jesus Loves Me.
I was blessed yesterday when we received a letter from our hospital letting us know we qualified for one of their programs and that it covered my labor and delivery and Brody's hospital stay 100%. We don't owe a dime. (Yes, I cried. God is SO faithful)

I am so blessed that while this guy does eat every 2 1/2-3 hours at night, he goes right back to sleep and sleeps all the way until his next feeding. Logan liked to get up and party at night and I felt a LOT more sleep deprived that go around.
I am beyond blessed that I get to spend my days and my nights with my two kids. So many moms, especially in this economy, have no choice but to work to help provide for their families. It would break my heart every single day if I had to leave them and go into a classroom. God has been so faithful and we never fall short with our bills...even though sometimes it takes until what seems like the very last second of the very last day before one is due, He always comes through.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful family on both sides. We constantly get phone calls or emails of encouragement that mean the world to us. It was such a blessing to have so much help after coming home from the hospital, too. You'll never know how much each of you means to us.

Not only do we have wonderful family, but we've got wonderful friends, too. They've been such a support since we've been home with Brody. I didn't have to cook one meal from the time we got home from the hospital until a couple of nights ago. This not only meant that I didn't have to think about dinners or lunches (the leftovers were amazing), it also meant I didn't have to do a major grocery trip with two kids until this week!
I am so blessed that while I said many a time that I wouldn't marry a pastor or a man in the military (not because my dad isn't wonderful, because he's quite the opposite...it's just not the life I wanted), God knew better and placed an amazing man in my life who now has made me both a pastor's wife and an Army wife. I'm sure God's looking down from heaven saying, "Who's laughing now, Christy?"



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our God is so good, so faithful, so gracious. I'm glad you are in a place to experience it first hand. You and yours are so loved.