Happy Easter! What a wonderful day to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. We woke up today and taught Logan to say, "the tomb is empty!" Of course, it sounded more like, "temby emy" but you get the idea. :) I have 5,000 pictures to share, so I'll just caption them and call it a day.

Last year I made Logan a fun Easter bucket instead of a basket and wanted to do the same for Brody this year. Unfortunately, the store where I get my supplies is about 25 minutes away and any time we were out that way I kept the mantra, "I'll get it next time." Well, next time never came, and I found this sweet little bucket at PB Kids for the right price so that's what we did. And here's Logan's bucket:
Here's Logan tearing into their Easter buckets:
And here's our sweet boy watching her:
"What is it mom?"
We decided that we really want to keep things simple at Easter and not go Easter Bunny crazy. We love the idea of getting the kids a nicer pair of spring/summer shoes to throw in their baskets and then a fun toy to share. So, we got them shoes and a bubble machine. Last year Logan got her first pair of Sperry's and this year we got Logan a pair of Toms. You can read more about them HERE (please do). We love that some child in need will get a pair of shoes this year just like Logan did.

Pink and sparkling, you wouldn't imagine her wearing anything else, would you?
And Brody got his first pair of crib shoes. He won't be able to wear them for a while, but we figured they'd get more use than a pair of newborn shoes since he has so many already!
When I picked Logan up from her classroom after church, I asked her what she learned about and she smiled sweetly and said, "Jesus. Yuvs me." Then we headed to the seminary to get some Easter pictures just like last year.
I found the kids' little Easter outfits at two separate consignment sales this year. Together they cost less than $10 and both still had tags on them! They looked sweet and coordinated in their little seersucker today. I have to say, I'm loving having a girl AND a boy to pick for this year...it's the best of both worlds when I go shopping!

We told Logan to smell the flowers and kept telling her to just put her nose into them but she found it much more interesting to pick petals and smell them individually.
Our baby boy:
And here are our family comparisons from last year to this year:

A lot has changed, but we're loving every second of the new adventure!



No comments:
Post a Comment