Merry Christmas Eve! I'm also 30 weeks pregnant today! We had a Dr.'s appt. on Weds. and everything is looking right on track. He's laying really low which is so different from Logan who was always really, really high. It's hard to say whether it's nicer to have a baby smashing your bladder or one swinging from your rib cage. I feel great, still have a ton of energy, still am sleeping great and have had just a wonderful pregnancy with this little guy so far (minus the awful first trimester). Can't wait to meet him in about 10 weeks!
We spent the day doing a lot of family traditions from both sides. Most involved food. I think I will gain 10lbs this weekend--in fact, be careful, you might gain weight just looking at the pictures. Mike worked the 2-10:30p shift last night and then was out the door again this morning around 7, so Logan and I really hadn't seen him in almost 24 hours when we picked him up for church this afternoon. This made my cookie baking adventure a bit of a challenge. Logan did great helping with the cookie dough but things got messy/sticky when we went to roll the dough and I ended up having to change her onesie twice....and I wouldn't be surprised if she has a belly ache from the dough she kept sneaking.I frosted the cookies while she was sleeping but she "conveniently" woke up as I was finishing the last few. She came in and was babbling away about daddy's cookies (they're a wonderful recipe from his side of the family) and keeping me distracted. As I was placing the cookies onto their plate she snatched one and tried to be really quiet about it until she started to eat it and then she couldn't help but scream, "MMMMMMMMMMMMMM good!" Thankfully, I had the camera near and caught her with her hand in the cookie jar so everyone could see:





Here's how the conversation after went:
mommy: LOGAN! Those are daddy's cookies!
Logan: cheese mommy!
Then for dinner we had our traditional Danish pancake balls. Logan loved them but I think she loved the syrup more. (um, yes, she is running her hands through the syrup and then licking it)
I have a few other pictures from tonight but can't get them to rotate so that they're vertical and it's late and we just spent 3 hours putting together presents for Logan so I'll figure it out in the morning. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment